Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lisa's Weekly Recipe -- Ono Banana Bread

Ever since I was a kid my mom would make banana bread, especially when we had a few bananas that were starting to get a little soft. "Ono" means delicious in Hawaiian and let me tell you...this is banana bread is awesome!

Ono Banana Bread

Ingredients:

2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
1 tsp. lemon juice

Directions:

Sift dry ingredients together. Add shortening, eggs, and 1/2 cup bananas. Stir to combine ingredients, then beat 2 minutes on medium speed on electric mixer.

Add remaining bananas and lemon juice. Beat 2 more minutes. If desired, fold in 3/4 cup nuts. Pour into a greased & lined pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts over top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Aloha and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds heavenly. My husband calls me his Ku'uipo, too. I hope you write more in your blog. I think you have a lot to offer. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

ss_blog_claim=2f97baa0b9d54f8debe247ab3759ee6b