Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I love Old Navy!

I've always loved shopping at Old Navy, but it seemed like years ago whenever I would go there (which was rare) it just so happened that there wasn't any good deals going on at the time. So back then I decided that it was going to be one of those stores that I loved to shop in but couldn't really afford it.

Well a couple of years ago the built a new shopping plaza closer to where we live and guess what they have....Old Navy! Last year right before Christmas I went with my mom and her friend out on our annual shopping trip. We went into Old Navy and they had all these sales, that as a woman I could not ignore. I ended up with a ton of stuff for myself, my daughter, and even my husband--for cheap! To top it off they had a promotion going on that if you opened an account with them you would get 20% off your purchase. That made my great day even better! Years ago I had an Old Navy card, but since there wasn't one close I didn't use it enough and ended up closing the account. However, there was a store closer to me now, and 20% off was a great deal that again, as a woman, I could not pass up.

This has got to be the one department store credit card that I've had that has actually been worth it! After spending (I think) $200 I received a $10 off coupon in the mail. Ever since then I have received several other coupons as a result of shopping there. The coupons have ranged anywhere from $5 to $20 off a purchase, to 20% purchases on Tuesday during the summer (a temporary promotion they were running this year). Just the other day I received another coupon in the mail where next week I can receive a free Old Navy tote and 20% off everything I can stuff into the bag....how awesome is that!

A couple of days ago I went out with my my daughter, mom, and sister-in-law because I had a $10 off coupon burning a whole in my pocket. I wasn't sure if I was going to get anything, but figured I might as well look. If not, the coupon was still good for another two months. Well, the coupon didn't last that long. I found two cute 3/4 sleeve shirts that were $5 each, which with the coupon meant I got 2 free shirts! Heck yeah! I walked around the store to see if there was anything else on sale. Over in the kids section they had cute stuff that was an extra 50% off the already low sale prices. I bought my daughter two t-shirts that were on sale for $3.49 each, and with them being half off they were $1.25--you can't beat that! These plain white shirts are going to be perfect for some of the iron-ons I have for my daughter. I also got her a pair of white soft cotton capris for the same price.

There is one more good deal that I got a couple of months ago I have to tell you about. Right before Father's Day Old Navy had a sale where all men's clothes were half off! I bought my husband two pairs of reversible shorts (which is actually like getting four pairs of shorts), 3 polo shirts, and 2 v-neck t-shirts for only $40. Without the sale all of this would have cost me over $120, but everything was 50% off, plus I had a $20 off coupon (thanks to my Old Navy card). I brought it all home to husband and he about went through the roof when he saw how much stuff I bought. But when he saw the price he couldn't believe what a good deal I had gotten and was absolutely thrilled, not to mention relieved I didn't break the bank!

Now I'm not saying you should rush right out and open up an account with them, but if you are ever looking for a credit card that you will actually benefit from, this is the one I recommend. I use the credit card so I can get the points needed to receive those love coupons and discounts, and then just pay it off anytime there is a balance on it. Since I'm cheap this isn't hard for me to do :-)

You can see a reflection of my love for this store in my closet....most of my tags now say Old Navy on them :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you most definitely have a love for Old Navy and I would have to say it's one of my favorites too. Very dangerous for me though! I can spend way too much money in there.

    ReplyDelete

ss_blog_claim=2f97baa0b9d54f8debe247ab3759ee6b