Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lisa's Weekly Recipe -- Coleslaw Dressing

If you are ever looking for a quick side dish for a meal then I have one for you! There are times when we're having something like hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and I don't want to put in a lot of effort in my side dishes. My mom makes this awesome coleslaw and I finally asked her for the recipe. When she gave it to me and I looked at it my reaction was somewhere along the lines of "Are you serious? This is it?"


Now, if you want to actually shred all the ingredients for the actual coleslaw, then have fun. As for me, I just go and buy a pre-made bag of coleslaw at the grocery store. The only thing you need to do is make the dressing for it.


Ingredients:


1 cup of mayonnaise
2 Tbls. of white vinegar or lemon juice
1/4 cup of sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste


Directions:


Mix all these ingredients together in a small bowl. You can either put the shredded coleslaw in a large bowl or in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and mix it together well.


That's it! Simple huh? I do recommend letting the coleslaw sit in the fridge for at least an hour so the dressing has a chance to flavor the coleslaw, plus, it will draw some of the moisture out of the coleslaw making it all the more yummy!


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=2f97baa0b9d54f8debe247ab3759ee6b