Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Movie Night -- Ponyo

Ponyo is a very cute movie about a little fish that meets a little boy and wishes to become a human girl. We took our daughter to see it when it came out and she loved it..."mommy this is my new favorite movie!"


Ponyo is another movie by Hayao Miyazaki with cute animation that reminds me of the kind of animated shows I watched when I was a kid. However, unlike his other critically acclaimed movie Spirited Away, this one is suitable for all ages. I thought that there were some scenes in Spirited Away that were a little too scary for children my daughter's age. But that is neither here nor there... :-) Ponyo is rated G so feel free to take little children to see it.


The story line of this movie is very cute in what the little girl and boy have to endure in order to keep their friendship alive. The animation is a throwback to animated movies from years ago (like 20 years ago!) so don't walk into the theater expecting to see the intricate detail of a Pixar movie.


I don't want to give away the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it, but it is a very cute movie that I think all ages will enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=2f97baa0b9d54f8debe247ab3759ee6b