Saturday, July 18, 2009

Working out with P90X

Okay, so like most women after having a child, my body did not look as fit and trim as it did pre-baby. In fact, had I realized how cute my body was before I had my daughter, I think I might have flaunted it a little bit more! Like most busy moms, I didn't exactly work hard at getting back into shape. I did get luck and most of the water weight came off pretty quickly, but I still had that mommy pooch that can occur after gaining an extra 50 lbs. along with a little extra flab here and there.

My daughter is now 3 years old and a little more independent, so I decided this would be a good time to start getting back in shape. Another motivating factor was that my younger brother was about to leave for OCS and would be gone for 10 weeks, leaving behind his newly purchased P90X system that he just bought. The entire workout takes 13 weeks to complete, meaning I wouldn't be able to finish the entire thing before he got home, but I'd be able to get most of it done so that once he did return he'd hopefully be able to tell a difference.

Now as a note, I haven't followed the diet to the letter, but I have added more protein into my diet via protein bars and shakes, as well as my diet. I am currently finishing up week 7 and I have definitely noticed a difference. Not only can I tell physically, but I can also tell in my over all well-being. My energy level is much higher (especially useful when chasing around a 3 year old) and mood is just better. I just feel so much better about myself! When I look in the mirror and see that my abs are getting more toned and my legs and arms are looking nicer, I just feel excited that the program is working. I look forward to my daughter taking a nap every day so that I can do my daily P90X workout. I get to have my "me time" and do something productive at the same time.

I highly recommend this system to anyone and everyone! I personally don't like working out at a gym, so this system was right up my alley. Right in the privacy of my own living room I spend about an hour a day getting fit and feeling better about myself. I love the look on my husband's face when I start getting all pumped before or after a workout and how excited I get when I can see the changes. He just gets this grin on his face and I can see how proud he is of me and my commitment to working out.

At the beginning of each phase--in which there are three--you take several different pictures so that you can see your progress from one phase to the next. Here are a few pictures from right before I started working out and from the start of phase 2. The pictures of me in the flowered swimsuit top and shorts are right before I started and the ones of me with the white top and brown shorts are right before I started phase 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=2f97baa0b9d54f8debe247ab3759ee6b