Friday, December 18, 2009

Roku Digital Video Player

I only recently got into Netflix a few months ago, but I must say I absolutely love it! I love watching movies and being entertained, but I don't always get a chance to go see the movies I really want to see when they are playing at the theaters.

Netflix is perfect for me--unlimited movies every month at a low price. Now if there is a movie I didn't get a chance to see in the theater I don't have to pay $3.99 per movie on pay per view or wait until it comes out on cable. I pay $13.99 per month to get 2 movies at a time and unlimited "instant watch" movies. Instant watch movies are ones that you can watch immediately if you have a Netflix approved device, such as on your computer, certain brands of HD TVs or Blu-Ray players, and even certain gaming devices.

Now this is all fine and dandy if you have one of these devices already, but what if you don't? Sure I was thinking about getting a gaming system, but it's not something I really feel like spending my money on right now--most of them are anywhere from $199 to $299, not to mention the controllers and games and cables...money, money, money!

Roku Now look at this...

A Roku Player is a digital video player that allows you to watch movies instantly from such companies as Netflix or Amazon. Roku players start as low as $79.99 allowing you to watch movies, listen to music, or even check out some of your favorite social networking sights right from your TV. Not sure if this is something you would actually use? Try it out FREE for 30 days along with free return shipping if you change your mind. Now say you have a couple of Netflix movies at your house already, or you are waiting for you new ones to arrive. What if at that time you really want to watch a specific movie that is available as an instant movie? I know my husband and I aren't going to want to crowd around my laptop trying to watch a movie, so a Roku player would be right up our alley. We could just hook it up to one of our TVs and watch the movie right away!

My birthday is next month and I think this might be a present I get for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=2f97baa0b9d54f8debe247ab3759ee6b