Monday, November 16, 2009

How great days get ruined...

Yesterday my main goal for the day was to get a new dress for my cousin's wedding next month. Last week I had seen one at the mall that I thought would be perfect for a Christmas wedding--a cute red dress that was flowy and was tea length. I wasn't sure if I really wanted it at the time but then I got a coupon in the mail the next day so I decided yes.

So my mother, my daughter and I get to the mall and I try on the dress. Turns out it wasn't as flattering on me as it was on the hanger! But I tried on a couple of other dresses I liked then walked around the mall to make sure there wasn't anything else I liked better...or that was a better price!

On our travels we noticed that Santa was visiting the mall that day and so Lilly got to get her picture taken with Santa. They had a really good deal with several different packages to chose from, most of them including a $10 gift card to use at shutterfly, which is perfect for me since I make calendars from them every year to give away at Christmas.

So after getting pictures taken with Santa and making a few other stops along the way, we made our way back to the store where I was trying to decide between two different dresses. I grab the two dresses that I had asked the sales lady to hold for me and try them on again. Still not sure I gather up my daughter and our stuff and go back into the store to grab two more dresses just to make sure. When I get back into the dressing room and put my daughter on the chair I ask, "Where are Lilly's pictures?" My mom, my daughter and I all start frantically looking around the changing room to see if they fell on the floor. Then we look out in the hall to see if we dropped them. My mom goes to the service counter to see if someone turned them in and my daughter and I go to one of the sales ladies and ask her to open up another dressing room that had been locked just to make sure we didn't leave them in another room--no luck.

We went to every checkout counter in the store and I even booked it down to the picture place to see if perhaps someone had seen they were Santa pictures and turned them in. Again no such luck. So after being so happy all day about trying to decide between two cute dresses and having fun with my mom and my daughter, we all got bummed over these lost pictures. I don't understand why someone would take them or find them and not turn them in. So not only am I out the money I spent on the pictures, but I have to look at the disappointed look on my daughter's face. The ride home was pretty quiet and my poor daughter saying "mommy my heart is broken"...how sad is that?

I feel bad that I didn't pay better attention to make sure we had all of our things with us at all times and that I didn't bring a bigger bag to carry all of our stuff. I just hate seeing that look on her face due to me not paying more attention and the fact that whoever found our freshly made memories didn't do the right thing and turn them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=2f97baa0b9d54f8debe247ab3759ee6b