Monday, November 16, 2009

Space Shuttle Atlantis has blasted off!


Here on a bright and sunny fall day in Central Florida we have seen another beautiful shuttle launch. The Shuttle Atlantis has just embarked on mission STS-129 to the International Space Station. My daughter and I were in the middle of watching a movie when I quickly remembered about the launch! "Lilly...we've got to stop the movie quick!" LOL

Just in time too! One minute before the launch we put on the local news, threw on our shoes really quick and watched it blast off on TV before running outside to watch it come up above the clouds. My sister-in-law got to go out to the Visitor's Center to watch it up close and personal--I've never even done that!! Here are some pictures I took from our front yard :-)



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=2f97baa0b9d54f8debe247ab3759ee6b